Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Almost there!!

We are almost ready to leave Arkansas! Im sorry for not posting more, but we've been so weighed down with projects that needed to be finished before we could leave. We finally decided to rent the house instead of selling it. Its the market. Unfortunately we would not have been able to get anything from the house had we sold it. But that's ok. We found a nice family to rent it from us.

I have to admit, if you had told me 10 years ago that I would be doing the things I am, I would never have believed you. Here's a general recap of the last ten years of my life: 1999 I graduated high school, 2000 I had a job and got my own apartment, 2001 I got together with my hubby, 2002 I married him and had a baby, 2003 we moved to Arkansas from California, 2006 still in Arkansas and having baby #2, 2007 baby #3 and bought a house .. in Arkansas, and now 2009 moving back to California and renting out the house in Arkansas. That makes me officially a landlord. Who'd a thunk?

I cant say so much for some of the people we knew in high school. I've heard of a lot of them having troubles in life. Some are in jail, some are back with their parents, some are still with their parents, some have kids and are barely making it. But then there's some that are doing well for themselves. Those typically are the ones that you never hear from until something catastrophic happens. We've been lucky to have done so well. We arent necessarily at the top of the rungs but by and large we are doing well.

So back to our regularly scheduled program ... well, not yet. We have about a week until we are in California. Then we need to get settled in. So it might be a little while before you hear from me again. Hopefully the next time you hear from me, I will be settled in with my new home. I might drop in to let you know that I've made it there ok.

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment